Wednesday, June 16, 2010

NCAA Football 11 Demo

On Monday the demo for the new NCAA Football 11 game from EA Sports was released on the Playstation Network and Xbox Live. The demo restricts you to 2-minute quarters but it does provide 8 teams to play with. You can play the following games: Florida vs FSU, Oklahoma vs Texas, Miami vs Ohio State, and Missouri vs Clemson. Also, by playing the demo you can unlock content (different uniforms and helmets) that can be used in the actual game.

The only game I've played so far was Clemson vs Missouri. My 4-year old was sitting next to me and he did the picking. The first noticeable difference is that the home team is shown coming onto the field. For the particular game I played it showed Clemson's players coming out and touching "Howard's Rock." I played on Varsity mode (which is the 2nd easiest level in the game) and it was raining. Missouri came out on offense (I played as Clemson) and ran the no-huddle and they got up to the line in lightning speed. One new feature that I really like is that you can hold down one button (the circle button on the PS3) and navigate to the guy you want to control on defense instead of having to cycle through all of the players. I like this feature a lot because I hated cycling through the players. Missouri coughed up the football twice in the 2-minute quarters game. Clemson QB Kyle Parker has really good mobility in the game so I was able to roll-out on several occasions and make plays. Missouri also helped me a couple of times by dropping interceptions. I scored on my first two possessions but missed a field goal from 46 yards (I said it was raining so that's my excuse). I hit a field goal late and was up 17-0 but Missouri came back behind the arm of Blaine Gabbert as he struck an 87 yard bomb in the 4th. I ended up winning 17-7 after picking off a pass in the end-zone.

Overall, the demo gets a big thumbs up from me. You can tell it's a demo because it's a little slower in parts then if you were playing the actual game and the menus are stripped down (no statistics to look at). The game feels more realistic. I also really like the on-screen menus when you are at the line of scrimmage as it gives you clear options of what you can do to audible, change the camera angle, etc.

The only thing I need to do now is to find someone who can make me an A.J. Green cover that can replace the Tim Tebow cover that comes with the game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands, Free Blogger Templates